Become a Paddle Fused Fitness Coach
Are you a:
personal trainer, fitness instructor or fitness and wellness professional?
paddle board instructor or SUP coach?
paddle board or water-sport business?
paddle athlete, racer, or SUPsurfer?
paddle boarding enthusiast?
Then you definitely want to check out the upcoming Paddle Fused Fitness Certification!
* NEXT COURSE to be scheduled in 2024 *
CEC-approved Certification Course
Become a Paddle Fused Fitness SUP Coach! Our next CEC-approved certification course will be held on in 2024 at Stand and Paddle's main location in Bluffton.
Course will cover:
- SUP fundamentals
- How to properly teach, coach, instruct and cue proper paddle stroke technique
- Stand and Paddle’s signature exclusive SUP Fitness Classes (Paddle Fused Fitness) on open waters
- Paddle board, paddle, and equipment knowledge
- Safety requirements, considerations and liability
- Coaching soft skills
- How to get started running your own SUP business and PFF (SUP fitness) program
This 2-day live, in-person certification course is CEC-approved for NASM and AFAA fitness professionals and personal trainers, SUP coaches and athletes, Group Fitness Instructors, SUP and PaddleBoard or water sport businesses, yoga and water fitness instructors, as well as individuals looking to expand their knowledge in fitness and SUP. Individuals earn continuing education credit upon completion of course and submission of required post-course practical assessments.
Prior paddling experience highly recommended. You must be able to paddle a minimum of 2 miles in varying conditions including rivers and currents. Registrants are asked to bring their own personal paddle boards and equipment to use for course. If you do not own a board yet, you may rent one for an additional fee.
- Individuals and groups
- You want to learn and become a certified SUP Coach
- Fitness professionals (personal trainers, group fitness instructors, yoga and pilates instructors, etc)
- SUP coaches
- Paddle board instructors and businesses
- SUP and paddle athletes, racers, surfers, watersport enthusiasts
What you will gain from this Course?
- This course will teach you the basics and foundations of stand up paddle boarding and Stand and Paddle's exclusive Paddle Fused Fitness Program. Upon completion of the course you will be able to instruct how to stand up paddle board, and teach a Paddle Fused Fitness class.
What you will NOT get:
- This course does NOT include the liability insurance, advanced SUP skills and education.
- Liability insurance, a business license (with jurisdiction in you designated area of operation) and safety plan are required to operate a SUP business or fitness class.
- Resources to contact to acquire the above not covered may be provided.
- Be proficient in understanding, instructing, demonstrating, explaining, teaching and coaching proper paddle stroke and technique
- Be proficient in performing and coaching stand up paddle board skills
- Put together and instruct a PFF workout on stand up paddle board
- Effectively and efficiently run and operate a PFF class from start to finish including set up, land introduction, and workout on the water
- Knowledge of standup paddle boards and paddle equipment
- Be proficient at SUP water safety
- Be capable of performing rescues on your paddle board
- Paddle stroke and technique, SUP skills
- Water safety, laws, weather and water awareness
- Paddle Fused Fitness Class Program
- The Art of Coaching; soft skills, instructing, cuing students
- The Business of SUP - getting started, designing a PFF program, liability
exact dates TBA for 2024
**Registrants are required to attend BOTH days
Course will be live, in person, with hands-on education on how to perform skills, exercises, drills, etc.
Local courses will be held at Stand and Paddle, 75 Wharf Street, Bluffton, South Carolina 29910
Register via our app (follow event link). You may also email Rachel at Standandpaddlesup@gmail.com. Link also available on our website, www.standandpaddle.com.
$599 for two-day CEC-approved Course
Host A Course
Interested in hosting a course in your town? Would you like to have your whole team of coaches, instructors, or trainers certified in Paddle Fused Fitness? We will coordinate and travel to your location to hold a course and certify groups of 4 or more individuals.
Contact us to inquire or schedule a course at your location of operation >> StandandpaddleSUP@gmail.com.
Upcoming Course Dates
Course will be a live, in-person event with hands-on education on and off the water.
Please reach out to be added to our waitlist.
We may also set up to host a private course in which we may travel to your location of business to run course. Email Rachel for inquiries.
Local courses will be held at Stand and Paddle, 63 Wharf Street, Bluffton, South Carolina
Follow the link below, or email email@example.com to be added to the waitlist.
The Story. How Paddle Fused Fitness Began..
My name is Rachel Cantore, owner of Stand and Paddle and founder of Paddle Fused Fitness. I am a NASM Master Certified Personal Trainer with a BS in Movement Sciences, Exercise and Fitness, and PaddleFit Coach. I was first introduced to stand up paddle boarding about 10 years ago at the IDEA World Fitness Convention where I signed up to stand up paddle board in the San Diego Bay Area as an add-on activity.
I fell in love with SUP then, but it took me til almost 5 years later to really get involved when I signed up for a SUP course up with Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina to learn the basics of SUP and SUP fitness. I wanted to do something with stand up paddle boarding and fitness, but I didn’t know exactly what or more importantly HOW to do so. I didn’t have my own equipment, and it was going to be a decent investment that I wasn’t ready to make at the time.
Later that year, I connected with the former owner and founder of Stand and Paddle, Roddy, here in Bluffton, South Carolina who had an idea which upon seeing me paddle during a team outing and learning of my being a personal trainer in the fitness industry he approached me about.
Roddy proposed us working together to start a SUP fitness class where he would provide the boards, equipment and SUP instruction, and I would step in to run the fitness and workout component. We both had our own following, own strengths and sets of skills. I named the class Paddle Fused Fitness (named for the fusion of paddling and fitness, and Fusion Fit’s brand concept and vision). We started out that summer with just a few pop up classes, but after only a few classes, we were nearly maxing out!
Fast forward to the year Covid hit and everyone wanted to be outside, either walking, biking or on the water paddling. Paddle Fused Fitness was an even greater hit that summer, in fact, it saved my business after losing over half my clients to in-studio training and fitness options.
Since then, our Paddle Fused Fitness classes continue to remain on the lineup at Stand and Paddle. During the summer, we run classes on the May River. In the off-season, we offer land-based and indoor pool variations of the signature class.
I also created an entire Paddle Fused Fitness Certification for other coaches, personal trainers, and instructors to take which they can earn CECs and start their own similar PFF style classes or join the Stand and Paddle by Fusion Fit Team and work with us. The exercises and program design structure that encompasses our PFF classes is meant to provide a core and total body workout, improve balance and stability, increase strength and fitness, and boost confidence. The movements performed will benefit anyone from the average Jack or Jane on land, to SUP athletes to recreational paddlers and newbie to paddling.
FAQ & Accommodations
Weather - Course is rain or shine, we will aim to go out and spend a lot of time on the water, at the sandbar (tides this weekend are ideal!). If the weather is poor, we will supplement with more land-training (a viable solution even for your own classes).
Experience - You do NOT need to be a certified personal trainer or coach, SUP instructor, or business owner to take this course. You DO need to have prior experience doing stand up paddle boarding at a minimum.
Boards and Equipment - Registrants are encouraged to bring their own equipment, but may rent our boards and equipment for an additional cost. Attendees are responsible for their own transportation, room and boarding, and food and meals.
Where to stay - there are some local inns, hotels, and airbnbs right in or near old town Bluffton. Course will be held at Stand and Paddle place of operations, the Bluffton Oyster Factory Park, 75 Wharf Street.
Timeline and schedule - I will send out an itinerary the week leading up to the course along with the course manual. Expect to start with a half day on Friday afternoon on land, followed by a full day of training on Saturday (8:30-5) primarily on water. There will be a lunch break on Saturday.
*side note: If anyone would like to do a group paddle either morning prior to course starting for the day you may join in.